Sunday, September 27, 2009

Feelings mutual



This is a song from the movie Fireproof.  If you haven't seen it yet, it's really awesome.  I love it!  I've seen it probably 5 times already and really really enjoy it.  Anyway this song is called "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. That's how I'm feeling right now. 

"I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait"

 I love Aaron very much and would really like to be getting married like a year ago.  Not joking.  But today's sermon really helped me think about how I should be patiently waiting and serving the Lord.  I should also be praying for more specific things.  So one of the ways I am applying this is with asking the Lord for patience. This song also reminds me of that.  I've decided that while I am waiting on the Lord to allow us to get married that I'm going to be in the Scriptures daily, looking at what it means to be a couple serving the Lord together. 

I truly believe that Jesus has put Aaron and I together and that someday we will be doing full time ministry together in one way or another.  We've already done a lot of ministry together. One of our close friends said that it was through our witness that said friend came to Christ and was able to grow in Christ.  My senior year of college we'd stay up in the end lounge talking about spritual topics.  Well, to be honest I usually ended up falling asleep because I'm not very good at staying awake at night, BUT, it was awesome to be able to serve our friend TOGETHER! 

I just pray that the Lord will continue to help me to grow in patience as I wait on His timing for marriage.  I know I know, never ask for patience.  But to be honest that is what I need. James1:5-6 says " 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."  I am asking God for wisdom and patience as He shows me His will for our lives. 

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

No comments:


My Playlist


I hate auto-start so I turned it off!