Saturday, February 27, 2010

Erie Bridal Shower

was amazing!  I'm so thankful that Holly, Sally, and Liz worked so hard to put together a great bridal shower for me.  When I first got there, they were setting out the food, had a card box and gift table set up and also had a plate that everyone got to sign that I had to bake when I got home but now it's safe to wash and use for food and stuff.  Kinda cool!

I was so excited to greet all of my 30+ guests.  My mom, sister, and Grandma H were able to come up.  That was very nice.  I got to see some friends I haven't talked to in a long time: my friend Michelle who I used to spend Thursday evenings with until I got really busy with wedding planning, Ramonita and Jean co-workers from CCDS, my cooperating teacher from student teaching, my boss and the children I nanny (I don't know what the correct verb would be so I just made it into a verb), one of Aaron's professors.  Also there was Aaron's mom, sister Court, Aunt Sally, and some of the family from his dad's side of the family. 

The first thing we did was eat lots of yummy foods: Holly's chicken, cheese, rice, broccoli casserole, bagels from Panara, a breakfast casserole, muffins and more.  Yum Yum Yum! While we ate, I tried to visit with lots of friends, family and those that care about me.  It was a great time.  Then we played a game that was also fun but crazy for most of us.  It was so HARD.  We were given the last name of a tv couple, you had to name the husband, wife and tv show.  Out of a possible 75, I think the highest score was a 46.  Pretty challenging.

Next we played make one of your five team members into a bride using TP.  Which is a classic game.  I didn't want to participate but Aunt Sally and Courtney stole me as their bride.  There were some really good ones though.  Aunt Sally told me I looked like a cross between a nun and a terrorist. YAY!  I believe our friend Carolyn Schuler won the contest YAY!

Then it was time for opening gifts.  I got lots of wonderful gifts: hard-anodized cookware, new flatware, towels, a wedding hand making kit thing that I'm uber excited about, and lots more.  Holly took pictures of me with my guests whenever I opened their gifts.  That was a very nice touch as well! Did I mention I have wonderful friends and family?  I love them all! 

 
Aaron and his mommy before
We had a great time! 

 
Playing the first game/talking
 

 
Greeting Michelle, not a great picture but one of the few I have of me from that day.

My Playlist


I hate auto-start so I turned it off!