Saturday, February 13, 2010

Long time

No post.

I realize I haven't posted anything in a long time.  The main reason for that is: I'm planning a wedding! YAY!  I can't believe it.  The wedding is 2.5 months away! Amazing!  Aaron and I seem to be getting most of the things done that we need done.  I still need to call back about the cake and tell them what we want on it. 

We have our first bridal shower 1 week from today!  I'm so excited.  I can't believe it's here already!  I don't really know much about it either.  I just know that I am very excited to see some friends I haven't seen in a long time.  :)  

Aaron and I are working very hard to get everything to come together.  He's working very hard at school and work right now.  He's taking 3 online graduate level classes and working 4 days a week thus leaving him with little time for wedding planning but he still tries so hard to make it work. 

We have started our premarital counseling and that is AWESOME!  We love it.  Our pastor and his wife are just amazing.  We love them so much.  They were so much fun to talk to during our 1st session that we can't wait for me.  We are going through a book called "Before You Say 'I Do.'"  It is taking a long time to go through it but that is quite alright.  It asks a lot of good questions.  Although to be honest, so far Aaron and I have talked about most of these topics.  As we get further into the book I'm sure that will change. 

Sally, my friend and MOH (matron of honor), has been helping me with the flowers.  We have almost all of the bridesmaid flowers done, we have the corsages put together we just need to put ribbon on them.  I need to buy one more flower for a bridesmaid because I apparently can't count.  I still need to wrap my bouquet in ribbon, but it's at least assembled.  I also need to buy the flowers for the boutonnieres (hardest word for me to spell, never get it right btw).  I'm having a hard time finding the flowers that I want, which is slightly frustrating but I also don't get to go to the store much so we'll see when I actually get out there what I find.  So far no luck.

Hopefully in the next month or so I will be having a favor making party and inviting some friends to help us make the favors.  Many of my bridesmaids aren't in Erie so I might be relying on a few friends for this area. 

I also still need to make the centerpieces, I just haven't quite figured out how to do it yet. *bites nails*  I'm sure it will come together and Aaron gets done with classes March 20 (ish) which will also help.

March 20, is also the date of my second bridal shower (the Pittsburgh/my side of the family/people who live in Pittsburgh one).  I'm also excited about that.  Apparently mom, Aunt Susan, my sisters, my aunt Marie and Aunt Shirley have been working pretty hard on it.  It's nice to hear my family is working together on this.

Also because of wedding planning, mom and I get to talk more.  I think that she really likes that.  So that is a good thing.  I know she feels bad because she's not in Erie to help out more but, it's ok.  We really want to do as much as we can on our own anyway. :) It's tricky trying to find a balance of showing you're responsible and paying for your own wedding, and letting your parents feel like they are helping you on the last shabang or whatever.  I guess some parents feel like it's the last thing they'll really be able to help their daughter with so they are very glad to help.  But I also don't want my parents to take out a loan to pay for my wedding (BAD IDEA).

The wedding website seems to be going over well.  We've had quite a few people respond via the website and that's AWESOME!  It makes me very happy.  I was very happy to put so much of Aaron and I into our wedding.  I got to design our invitations, Andrew helped us to design the wedding website, but it's really still very much us.

The only thing that is making me sad right now is that I'm having some issues with my grandparents about whether or not they will be coming to the wedding.  If you could be praying about that I'd appreciate it.  I really want them there but the reason they give for not wanting to come is rather silly and childish and makes me upset.  I don't want to cave to their wishes (because we can't afford it) but, I also want them at my wedding.  So please be praying about that. 

I think that is probably all for now.  Hopefully I'll be better at keeping you updated in the future.

No comments:


My Playlist


I hate auto-start so I turned it off!